College Winter Break Performance Training
College Performance Training
December 15th – January 22nd
APT is the premier strength & Conditioning facility on Cape Cod.APT utilizes a comprehensive training philosophy, which follows a movement-based approach to improving athletic development. The program will be designed by our certified staff who all played at the collegiate level. Athletes can bring their own collegiate programs and our expert staff will guide them through each workout.
APT utilizes a comprehensive training philosophy, which follows a movement-based approach to improving athletic development. The programs we create are designed to correct dysfunctional movement patterns as well as strengthen the athlete in order to limit non-contact injuries and improve his/her athletic ability.
Athletes can choose to join a group that meets either 2, 3, or 4 days per week. Each workout is 90-120 minutes in length depending on group size:
Each specific training day will include:
– Diaphragmatic breathing: Promotes proper function of the diaphragm to help decrease stress and increase blood circulation.
– Soft Tissue Work: Provides each player the ability to manage his/her tissue quality during the season. Managing soft tissue will allow players to increase flexibility and support proper joint movement.
– Joint Mobility: Increases mobility in joints that have limited movement to decrease the risk of injury while increasing fluid circulation to promote healthy joints.
– Activation: Increases the recruitment of muscle fibers to utilize as many muscles as possible.
– Dynamic Flexibility: Large movement patterns to get the body working as a unit.
– Speed Work: Keeping athletes explosive during their starts.
– Resistance Training: Increases strength which translates to explosive athletes.
– Conditioning: Developing the proper energy systems
– Cool Down: Restores the body after training
6 weeks unlimited $329
1 week unlimited $79
Drop in $25
Monday 11-12:30pm, 2:30-4:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm
Tuesday 11-12:30pm, 2:30-4:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm
Wednesday 11-12:30pm, 2:30-4:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm
Thursday 11-12:30pm, 2:30-4:00pm or 6:00-7:30pm