5 Simple Ways To Get Back On Track
The transition from being stuck at home to the re-opening of businesses might be a difficult time for adults and athletes. Going from staying home with your kids, helping with homework and cooking meals to driving your kids to cookouts, pool parties and beaches all while managing a work schedule will be challenging. Here are 5 simple ways to get your life back on track and increase energy levels.
1. Family Schedule: Sit down with your family to figure out everyone’s schedule. Once you have a schedule in place, factor in 8 to 10 hours a week for the gym, grocery store and cooking. Try to be consistent with these times as well, as humans are creatures of habit and like routine.
2. Pick the Right Gym: Find a gym (APT!) with a knowledgeable staff that can simplify the gym process so you don’t have to stress over it. The gym should be able to create a program based on age, injuries and commitment level.
3. Productive Training Regimen: Choose a simpler, less time-consuming workout regimen. For most people high-intensity interval training works best. Studies show this type of training takes less than half the time of traditional long distance cardio and leads to better results. At APT we will guide you toward the correct classes or workout routine.
4. Grocery List: Scout out the grocery store before you shop. Find out where items are located and the peak times. Once you have determined where everything is located, make your list. This will act as a road map and save you time and aggravation.
5. Prep Your Food: Most of us have a little more time on the weekends to prepare for the upcoming week. This is a great time to prep healthy food for the week. Buy plastic or glass containers that you can keep in the fridge. Adults and children are more likely to eat better if food is already prepared.
Even if you are a person with a very busy schedule, you need to take time for your health and well-being. By allowing yourself to workout, go to the grocery store and prep food 8 to 10 hours a week, you will not only have more energy and better sleep, but will be happier and more productive at work.